At VoiceTel Enterprises I hired Andy, and he implemented the PACER pipeline analysis methodology and tools. That radically reduced our sales acquisition cost and helped us position the company for a $200 million merger into a publicly traded company. Then at BNS, Andy made several strong recommendations about seeking customer input...which I didn't follow...and the company didn't make it (for many of the reasons Andy addressed). He was right. In advising many services-based companies with recurring revenue-- where chum and customer acquisition cost are significant issues -- I incorporate many of Andy's principles and ideas (which are nicely set forth in his book," The Five Catalysts of Seven Figue Growth.")
-- Wayne Ellis, President
Voice Tel Enterprises
Boundless Flight LLC - Andy was retained to work through some personality conflict issues with two of our senior management team. He quickly and efficiently discovered the root of the problem and made direct, accurate suggestions regarding remedy. Although we did not act on all his recommendations, he certainly kept us from throwing good energy after bad. Both problems have self-corrected since the engagement and we are a much healthier company for it. Andy's analysis was very efficient, his conclusions very accurate and his recommendations very appropriate. He comes with the highest recommendation.
-- Gary Baney, CEO
Boundless Flight LLC
Actel Cellular, Cleveland, OH - As an authorized agent for AirTouch Cellular, Actel needed to focus on creating a sales program targeted at obtaining new business. PACER responded quickly; as a result, Actel enjoyed a 200% holiday sales increase, including 50% from inside sales.
Read the Case Study
IBM Corporation, Waltham, MA - In need of a strategy for increased lead generation, IBM turned to PACER Associates. PACER developed an aggressive lead generation system for the Multimedia Group.
- Andy's 'can do' attitude and strong follow-through have produced leads exceeding our goals. He produced enormously successful results and brought a well-orchestrated approach to growing our business. Frankly, he surprised everyone with what can be accomplished in business-to-business marketing.
Seth Harris, Marketing Manager
Inside Prospects, North Olmsted, OH - A developer / marketer of telephone-verified databases for Cleveland, Akron, and Canton. Inside Prospects needed an aggressive sales approach. PACER helped them double their business and create a profitable new service for its existing client base.
- I wouldn't be where I am today without Birol Growth Consulting and Andy Birol. Our sales have doubled and my phone hasn't stopped ringing!
Sandra Szuch, President
Read the Case Study
NewMarket Solutions, Twinsburg, OH - An integrator of identification systems for schools, companies, and government, NMS needed to increase customer acquisition. PACER developed a process for identifying and qualifying prospects. As a result, NMS implemented the system, enjoying a substantial increase in new business.
- Andy has a keen business insight. We've enjoyed a 26% increase in new business due to his recommendations regarding our telemarketing campaign. Thanks to Andy, we've found the single-most successful marketing campaign for new business, accounting for a 48% quarterly increase.
WinPro Industries Inc., Mantua, OH - A custom manufacturer of high-end machined products, WinPro used the PACER Process to re-focus its business, implementing a successful system of lead generation and networking. As a result, new prospects were identified and sales goals were achieved.
- With the help of Andy our business has increased significantly. At his recommendation, we've developed a successful direct mail and telemarketing campaign directed at our target market.
Andy Zahuranec, President
WinPro Industries Inc.
Read the Case Study
Aexcel Corporation, Mentor, OH - A custom manufacturer of industrial paints and coatings, Aexcel needed to restructure their business plan.
- Andy convinced us to shut off a costly drain on our results, which has been as critical as looking for new sources of revenue. Currently, he's in the process of developing a new direction and structure for a significant part of the company.
John Milgram, President
Partnerships, Oberlin, OH - An organization that provides discounts on freight for trade associations, Association Connections needed to grow to the next level. PACER provided them with a better system for tracking and measurement of sales.
- Since working with Andy, we have instituted specific tracking efforts to justify and control our marketing investments. He has saved us many times his fee and has helped us to spend money more efficiently and effectively in order to grow our business.
John Finucane, Managing Director
ConnectSpace.com, Cleveland, OH - An Internet marketplace that builds on the tradition and fellowship of local business associations, ConnectSpace combines one-to-one business relationships with group buying and selling to help business owners network, sell more, spend less, and grow.
Andy helped build a focused and flexible Internet Business Strategy for ConnectSpace. He applied conventional business experience to a new medium in a most effective manner.
Jeff Hanson, Acting CEO
Steel Products Corp., Akron, OH - William Welsh is president of William E. Welsh and Associates, and part owner of Steel Products Corp. of Akron, Ohio, a job shop for machining fabricated and cast large parts. He was seeking someone to guide his marketing drive, in particular addressing customer retention. As a job shop for machining fabricated and cast large parts, Steel Products needed to become more visible, attract new customers and price themselves more competitively. Andy Birol crystallized a Customer Retention Plan for the company by researching and determining why customers did business with them rather than the competition.
- We discovered that we get customers initially by pricing competitively to get our foot in the door. But customers continue do business with us by customer service - delivery, quality, value-added knowledge and advice as an extension of the customer's manufacturing all of which can save them money. Andy used a funnel approach to show us how to get customers through price and keep them through spreading the news about their value added services.
William E. Welsh, President
Steel Products Corp.
Crawford Design, Beachwood, OH - Crawford Design is a graphic design business now focusing on creating experiences for clients, employees and customers.
Andy helped me to get people to listen quickly, and then they're right on board. You can be running so far in one direction that you forget where you started. Andy helped me see why and where I started.
Alison Crawford, President
Read the Case Study
Diamond Tool and Die, Euclid, OH - Diamond Tool and Die is a family owned machine shop with about 20 employees. Eileen Fertal is following in her father’s footsteps in running the business, and wanted to increase the company’s customer contact base and perhaps implement new services-possibly secondary operations – to augment current services. The company’s strength lies in their on-call, flexible service that allows customers immediate access to parts they need to make their own deliveries. Andy Birol is currently interviewing customers and for a customer acquisition plan.
- When you tend to get busy, communication with customers may not be on a weekly or even monthly contact basis. Andy has enlightened us that we need to do that. New contacts need to be kept abreast as to what we’re all about, too.
Eileen Fertal, Principal
Diamond Tool and Die
Small Business News, Cleveland, OH - Dustin Klein is the editor of Small Business News, with a circulation of 30,000. Klein had been looking for executive quality professionals to share expertise regularly and improve reader loyalty. Impressed with Andy Birol’s business knowledge, he asked Andy to become a regular contributing columnist. The result was an improved product and time saved in finding quality articles.
- Working with someone very knowledgeable in his expertise, and with timely input on a regular basis was a big help to us. Andy is a professional’s professional. He is creative in thinking about how to help me reach my audience.
Dustin Klein, Editor
Small Business News
Edjetech, Inc., Wallington, OH - For 15 years Edjetech has been a coolant recycling service for machine shops, cutting down waste hauling, and coolant cost for customers. Jean Heidenreich, president of the three-employee operation, wanted to grow the company into a million dollar revenue plus using her son as the in-house sales person and a half-dozen outside sales reps. Recently widowed, Jean had pondered even staying in business, and needed objective help in making decisions about where the business was, where it could go and how they could do it. She interviewed two consultants and hired one—Andy Birol—for his marketing and business background and enthusiasm.
- The intangible benefits of working with Andy were invaluable. We gained focus, efficiency, accountability and better decision-making ability. Our profit went up because Joe was able to find better vendors who gave us better prices. The tightening up Andy helped with gave us a better handle on the business. Andy is fun, very wise, very articulate, enthusiastic, and always looking for ways to help. What he said then is true now, even though I might not have understood it until this point six months later.
Jean Heidenreich, Owner
Crain’s Cleveland Business, Cleveland, OH - Crain's Cleveland Business needed an expert to write on the subject of growth for a career advice section. Andy Birol wrote four articles, which netted the magazine its highest number of online hits that year.
Chris Thompson, Managing Director
Crain’s Cleveland Business
Birol Growth Consulting, Inc.
941 Penn Ave, Suite 801
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-3845
Phone: (412) 973 2080